Intranet 2.0 tools explode; social intranet still rare
The key findings and study highlights can be downloaded directly by accessing the summary report. The full $89 report is also available for free to members of the media (please contact us directly for a copy).
Highlights / Key Facts
- The study contains the most current and comprehensive intranet data from more than 525 participants in organizations of all sizes from across the globe.
- 52% have intranet discussion forums (a 13% increase from last year's survey); 23% enterprise use; 9% have no plans or interest
- 51% have intranet instant messaging (an 11% increase from last year's survey); 34% enterprise use; 19% have no plans or interest
- 49% have intranet wikis (a 4% increase from last year's survey); 17% enterprise deployment; 11% have no plans or interest
- 53% of organizations that have social media tools on their intranet use Microsoft SharePoint
- Prescient Digital Media will present the results of this study in a free webinar hosted by president and CEO Toby Ward on September 28, 2010.
- The webinar will summarize the survey's key findings and highlight global intranet trends that have emerged in recent months
"The results are exciting because they confirm Prescient's belief that we are entering the age of the Social Intranet," says Toby Ward. "While most organizations are still in the early days of deploying or experimenting with social media, many executives and employees alike are eager to see greater use and adoption of these tools."
About Prescient Digital Media
Prescient Digital Media is a Toronto-based group of senior intranet and Internet consultants that provide strategic Internet and intranet consulting, planning and communications services to organizations of all sizes. Our clients include: Amgen, CBC, CIBC, HSBC, Liberty Mutual, Manulife Financial, MasterCard, Nintendo, Pepsi, RBC Financial Group, TD, and more than 100 others. Prescient's focus includes the assessment, planning, technology selection, content and launch of intranets, websites, and web-based tools.
For further information:
Toby Ward, President and CEO
Read the original press release on Canadian Newswire