- Gain a deep, objective insight on the current state of Covidien’s intranet
- Understand best practices and user requirements
- Create an actionable intranet plan including:
- A list of requirements for implementing recommendations;
- Identified governance roles/responsibilities;
- A Business Case that support Covidien’s strategic focus areas;
- Employee focused, efficiency supporting IA, Wireframe and Design;
- Communications and Change Management plans; and
- A comprehensive Implementation Roadmap.
- Stakeholder interviews with 21 individuals, including key managers and executives;
- Five focus groups, held in four regions;
- Online user survey with 279 employee respondents;
- A review of recent intranet-relevant internal research; and
- A heuristic evaluation of the current intranet.
The findings from these activities were presented in a Key Findings and Recommendations Report. During the second phase of the project, Prescient conducted the following planning activities:
- A strategic planning workshop and produced an intranet strategic plan;
- A governance workshop and produced a governance model;
- A card sorting exercise resulting in an information architecture and wireframes which are also based on best practices; and
- A Business Case workshop and produced an intranet business case document.
Prescient also developed:
- A functional plan;
- A content management plan;
- Use cases to support the business case within the business;
- A change management plan;
- A creative brief for the site design;
- Two design concepts of the home page, an additional iteration of the home page design and two subpage design concepts; and
- A 200+ page blueprint document which guided the implementation effort.
- Make accurate and relevant information easily navigable through a new intuitive, visually appealing design (pictured below).
- Improve employee productivity.
- Increase awareness and understanding of the company amongst employees.
- Secure ongoing support for evolving the intranet.
- Enable a greater amount of collaboration within MOSS.
- Strengthen engagement with Covidien among staff.
- Increase opportunity for conversation and collaboration.
- Increase ability to customize site.
- Promote culture, workplace value proposition.
- Increase collaboration and innovation across silos.
- Provide employees a more dynamic online experience.
- Provide Covidien with a clear guide for MOSS 2007 implementation.