Best Practices for Managing a Government Website Redevelopment
Successfully managing a government web project requires understanding not only
the significance of the project, but also the need to address the importance of
proving value, managing diverse stakeholder expectations and requirements as
well as anticipating the next evolution of web functionality.
The Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Trade (MEDT) experienced all of these issues when it undertook an overhaul of the two websites it manages to interact with businesses in Ontario, as well as companies interested in investing in the Canadian Province. Through the successful management of the web redevelopment, the Ministry significantly improved its web presence based on careful consideration of its audiences’ needs, a thorough review of the competitive web environment and a clear understanding for how to link the website to its overall objectives.
Maureen Hall, Team Leader, Marketing Branch, from MEDT will join Julian Mills, Vice President of Client Development, Prescient Digital Media, in this informative 60-minute webinar. They will provide insights on key techniques for managing a government web redevelopment project supported by best practices and real world experience.
• The importance of, and techniques for, balancing the needs of internal stakeholder requirements with external audience needs
• How to determine an operating model for a government website and support the model with a measurable strategy
• An approach for assessing and improving website usability
View Best Practices for Managing a Government Website Redevelopment
Who should attend:
• Communications and Marketing professionals responsible for government websites
• Webmasters and web managers who sustain and improve government sites
• Government IT teams that support websites
• Management-level executives from within government who need to make more effective use of their web presence